From August 26 till 1st September 2013
A great epic in a magical environment
Seven valleys, 71 glaciers, 400 summits...
The Mont Blanc range is fascinating.
Doing the Tour du Mont Blanc, allows one to discover an incomparable universe, the impressive and magical high mountains; it is sharing the eternal dream of the pioneers, crossing the magical gardens of Gaston Rebuffat and the stories of Roger Frison Roche and discovering the intimate geography of the summits: the roundness of the Mont-Blanc, the ridge of Bionnassay, the Noire de Peuterey, the Dent du Géant, the wall of the Grandes-Jorasses, the northern and southern peaks of the Aiguille du Tour, the Aiguille Verte, the vertical of the Drus.
"It's a real outpouring of granite peaks, of high crystalline summits, where erosion of an exceptional intensity has cut out, sawn, sliced up, broken, smashed the imposing upheaval of ancient rocks, revealing a landscape of exceptional beauty." (Roger Frison-Roche, guide-writer.)
The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® invites you to live an adventure out of the ordinary by participating to one of the 4 races that we offer :
Since the first year, it has been called “the race of all the superlatives” A complete tour of the Mont Blanc Massif, passing through 3 countries: France, Switzerland and Italy, the race that every runner should finish at least once in their life.
Le tour of Mont-Blanc, starting from Chamonix, with 168km, 9,600 metres of positive height gain, and in semi autonomy.
Starting, in the centre of Chamonix, on Friday, August 30th 2013 at 16:30.
- 2300 runners maximum
- maximum race time: 46 hours
- estimated time for the first finishers is 20 hours
- limited to runners who have a minimum of 7 qualification points.
Created in 2006, it has become as popular as its big sister (45 nationalities represented in 2010). The CCC® is considered by many runners to be "the little one" nevertheless it too, constitutes one of the most difficult challenges in ultra - trail. Do not take the CCC® lightly; more than one runner has "burned" their thighs there.
A semi-tour of Mont-Blanc, starting from Courmayeur with 100km, 5,950 metres of positive height gain and in semi-autonomy.
Starting in the centre of Courmayeur Friday August 30th 2013 at 9:00.
- 1800 runners maximum
- maximun race time: 26 hours
- estimated time for the first finishers is12 hours
- limited to runners who have a minimum 2 qualification points.
Wilder and more technical than the UTMB® and the CCC®, in the heart of the Aosta valley and the two Savoie, this demanding race offers a new vision of the tour of Mont Blanc and the Beaufortain country. The 2012 route will allow the discovery of the col de la Youlaz (2,661m) above Courmayeur, the "passage du Curé" or the sublime view of the massif of Mont Blanc from the col de la Gitte in the heart of Beaufortain.
A semi-tour of Mont-Blanc starting from Courmayeur with 119km, 7,250 metres of positive height gain and in semi-autonomy.
Starting from the centre of Courmayeur on Wednesday August 28th 2013 at 07:00.
- 1200 runners maximum
- maximum race time : 31 hours 30 min
- estimated time for the first finishers is 14 hours
- limited to runners who have a minimum of 2 qualification points
A hallucinatory and non competitive event! A "grand" tour of Mont Blanc adding high passes, often higher than 2,500 metres and with some delicate passages. If you like solitude, solidarity and total adventure, that is the reason for trying it once.
• an event without final positions and in complete autonomy, to be realised by teams of 3 (or 2) inseparable runners.
• the route is different each year, not way marked but simply mapped (GPS waypoints are provided)
• around 300km and 24,000 metres of positive height gain
• maximum authorized time: 138 hours
• Start from Chamonix Monday August 26th 2013 at 22:00
• 80 team maximum
• limited to teams comprising of at least 1 UTMB® finisher
This event is the outcome of a long life dream and a passion for Ultra-Trail®, shared by an increasing number of runners from the whole world. Its realization is possible thanks to the friendship that links the population of the French, Italian and Swiss municipalities of the pays du Mont-Blanc.