(Extract of Regulations)
Obligatory material :
- mobile phone with option enabling its use in the three countries
(put in one’s repertoire the security numbers of the organisation, keep it switched on, do not hide one’s number and do not forget to set off with recharged batteries)
- personal cup or tumbler 15cl minimum (water bottle not acceptable)
- stock of water minimum 1 litre,
- two torches in good working condition with replacement batteries,
- survival blanket 1.40m x 2m minimum
- adhesive elastic band enable making a bandage or a strapping (mini 100cm x 6 cm),
- food reserve,
- jacket with hood and made with a waterproof (recommendation: minimum 10,000 Schmerber) and breathable (recommendation: RET lower than 13) membrane (Gore-Tex or similar) which will withstand the bad weather in the mountains.
- long running trousers or leggings or a combination of leggings and long socks which cover the legs completely,
- Additional warm midlayer top: One single midlayer long sleeve top for warmth (cotton excluded) with a minimum weight of 180g (Men, size M)
OR a two piece clothing combination of a long sleeve baselayer/midlayer for warmth (cotton excluded) with a minimum weight of 110g (Men, size M) and a windproof jacket* with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) protection
- cap or bandana
- warm hat
- warm and waterproof gloves
- waterproof over-trousers
* The windproof jacket does not replace the mandatory waterproof jacket with hood
Required by the frontier police forces:
- identity papers
Very strongly recommended
- Knife or scissors with which to cut the self-adhesive elasticised bandage
- walking poles for security on slippery ground in case of rain or snow
- a change of warm clothes indispensable in the case of cold weather, rain or injury
- the sum of 20 euros minimum (in order to cover the unexpected....)
Advised (list not definitive):
Telescopic sticks, change of clothing, compass, knife, string, sun cream, Vaseline or anti-chaffing cream, needle and thread,...
All clothing must be the runner’s size and without alteration since leaving the factory.
You will carry this material in a pack which must be tagged at the race-bib distribution and is not exchangeable during the race.
If you decide to use poles, you must keep them throughout the whole of the race… It is forbidden to start without sticks and recover them up along the way.
No poles will be allowed in the spare’s bags.