Preventative measures concerning health
An idea which frequently circulates amongst runners of endurance courses: we won’t be affected by performance enhancing drugs (doping). By what happy miracle?
Everything like the protection of our environment or the respect of regulations, the question of using banned products doesn’t concern oneself, and hides other causes be it media attention of a discipline, money or ability.
To conserve the spirit of our race and its authenticity, we have for several years led action controlling the regulations and in the prevention concerning health matters assuring ouselves, and also you that our races are held both equitably and ethically. A modest contribution, engaged in by the runners and for the runners, with vigilance, so that our sport remains clean and that everything functions correctly.
Since 2009, the organisation put in to place its own preventative action concerning health matters for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® events.
This action has neither the vocation nor skill to substitute itself for the current national and international regulations concerning the anti-doping fight but aims at strengthening the medical supervision wished for by the organisation.
This action is piloted by a Medical Counsel within the organisation, consisting uniquely of doctors, who are able to ask the advice of experts of their choice and are responsible for giving a consultative opinion to the race Jury on the participants’ medical state.
On registering for the race, the runner agrees to :
- Inform the Organisation’s medical Counsel in the case of the usage of prescriptive drugs under the Therapeutic Use Authorisation (TUE) purposes. Actually, sportsmen, like anybody, can fall ill or present conditions which require the usage of certain medicines. If it turns out that a substance to which a sportsman has to resort to treat their condition is included in of the List of banned medicines, an authorization of usage for therapeutic purposes can allow them to take the necessary medication.
- To agree to give any urinary and/or blood, and/or capillary samples and associated analyses requested by the Organisation’s Medical Counsel, with the understanding that expenses incurred for the realization of these samples and the associated analyses are the direct responsibility of the Organisation.
- To agree to answer to any summons which the Medical Counsel issues on the basis of the information which has been collected from them, so as to decide upon their capacity, or not, to participate in the race for which they are registered. At the conclusion of the interview, the Medical Counsel can propose, to the Race Jury, that the runner is excluded from the race.
List of authorised medicines and those not recommended
The anti-doping legislation is extremely complex, it is often very difficult to find it for oneself...
Every month, new medicines and nutritional products are launched on the market and may contain forbidden substances. Furthermore, a lot of you come from afar and not maybe used to the medicines sold in France. When you consume a product, whatever it is, we remind you that your responsibility is systematically engaged.
- A database of French medicines so as to know their exact status with regard to the anti-doping legislation.
- The presentation of the 10 golden rules to protect the integrity of competitions. The interest of the sport is based on the uncertainty of the results and sportsmen have to guarantee this elementary principle.
- A database of food complements, dietary and cosmetic conforming to the NF V94-001 anti-doping norms, certified third party.
- The "Sportsman’s Information Service" plan which allows one to easily find the answer to questions. A pharmacist, a scientist, a quality control engineer and a psychologist are there to answer all your questions.
The applications are also available for all Smartphones allowing a more accessible protection. Anywhere, any time.
To create your free account, rendez-vous at www.dopage.com (website in French)