Let us reduce emissions of gas and particles together
Since 2004, the organisation has set up communal transport specially for accompanying persons, so as to reduce the number of vehicles around Mont-Blanc and to release green-house gases and polluting particles.
Since then, the action concerning communal transport has increased and improved :
No, car sharing is not synonymous with constraints and rigidity. Well organized, it can be a friendlier alternative, more economic and less risky than the travelling alone.
click here to get more information
Or use a local transportation
For your transfer from Geneva Airport to Chamonix, or for local journeys, click here to get more information
During the race
- The organisation of a transport plan allowing movement around all the strategic points of the race route.
- Free buses for the runners
- Optimum use of buses fot the volunteers
- Very interesting tariffs for accompanying persons
- Organisation of specific shuttle buses to go from Chamonix to Saint-Gervais and Les Contamines.
- More than 1000 accompanying persons transported
- Closure of certain roads to favor public transports (Saint-Gervais, Orsières...)
- Free parking
- Free shuttles buses
Project "Chamonix without my car"
Due to our participation in the Opération Pilote Eco Evénements de la Vallée de Chamonix Mont-Blanc, we have come up with a project "Car-park + shuttle-bus" in an attempt to ease the parking problem in Chamonix.
The concept: the runners and those accompanying them park their personal vehicles in the big free car-parks at the periphery of Chamonix. They then take the shuttle bus to their chosen destination :
- the Centre Sportif for race-bib distribution
- the Place du Mont-Blanc for the departure of the organisation’s buses for the start of the CCC® & TDS™ in Courmayeur
- the Place du Triangle de l’Amitié for the start of the UTMB®
Other transport ideas being studied: bikes, car-sharing